Ask any New Yorker and they’ll tell you: While summer in the city has some perks (see the Lovin’ Spoonful for verification), commuting on the subway in the summer is miserable. As the temperature rises, even the shortest subway trip can turn a rider into a sweaty hot mess as the heat turns stations into saunas.
For their latest subway prank, Improv Everywhere have taken something that every New York City commuter knows and taken it to its next logical step. They transformed the 34th Street subway stop into an actual sauna, complete with fresh towels, relaxing music, ice water steeped with lemon slices and hot stone massages. After all, if the subway station is a sauna, you may as well get a facial.
As with most of the Improv Everywhere pranks, the reactions of the passersby are the best part with jaded commuters smirking and shrugging while tourists gawk at the crazy city they are visiting.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out