First she lands a sweet summer gig on Halle Berry’s television show, Extant, and then she catches sets from Chance the Rapper and others at Lollapalooza? Malia Obama seems to be having a much better summer than any of us.
Word of the 16-year-old’s attendance at the annual music festival spread this weekend on social media, where observers noted the presence of the Secret Service making sure she rocked out safely. “She and her guards … turned right on Balbo into a thick crowd and melted right in — no one the wiser that the eldest Obama daughter was in their midst,” the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
Clearly, some people clearly did notice. While the eldest Obama daughter said she wasn’t wasn’t allowed to pose for pictures, multiple spectators reported, that rule was obviously meant to be broken — the known selfie fan looked thrilled to be a part of one lucky concert-goer’s snapshot.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time