Beyoncé’s utter disregard for your evening plans continued late Saturday night as the singer teamed up with rap star Nicki Minaj for a remix of “Flawless” that arrived — once again — with little warning.
While Nicki delivers another monster guest verse on this feistier, more aggressive take on the Beyoncé track, Bey takes a moment to get the final word in about the infamous spat between her husband and her sister: “Of course sometimes sh– go down when there’s a billion dollars on the elevator.”
Is that really the net worth of Jay Z, Beyoncé and Solange? Does it even matter? While the original version of the song was a more inclusive anthem about self-acceptance, the two divas list luxuries and flip its “I woke up like this” hook to send an ever bolder message here: talk all you want, you’ll never wake up like them.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve