If the movie Fargo is to be believed, North Dakotans are a special bunch—warm and kind, with a funny accent and a can-do attitude. From Fargo again comes a heartwarming story, this time with a less gruesome ending.
A woman was out running errands with her daughter, the Associated Press reports, when she found a wallet with $1,000 inside. The woman, Sadie Hill, opted to return the wallet to J. Pat Wiggington to set a good example for her daughter, Adalee. As the AP notes, Hill is a single mother who works two jobs, and could have used the money:
Initially, Wigginton didn’t get their names, but said that he appreciated their honesty; with the help of a local-interest TV story, however, he found Hill and her daughter and sent them a $200 gift card for this year’s back-to-school shopping.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time