If the movie Fargo is to be believed, North Dakotans are a special bunch—warm and kind, with a funny accent and a can-do attitude. From Fargo again comes a heartwarming story, this time with a less gruesome ending.
A woman was out running errands with her daughter, the Associated Press reports, when she found a wallet with $1,000 inside. The woman, Sadie Hill, opted to return the wallet to J. Pat Wiggington to set a good example for her daughter, Adalee. As the AP notes, Hill is a single mother who works two jobs, and could have used the money:
Initially, Wigginton didn’t get their names, but said that he appreciated their honesty; with the help of a local-interest TV story, however, he found Hill and her daughter and sent them a $200 gift card for this year’s back-to-school shopping.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms