Since Sunday, Pennsylvania state troopers have mobilized beyond Mercer County to track down a suspect who struck the driver’s side of a Honda CRV at an intersection in Wilmington Township. The driver, reportedly Amish, fled the scene on horseback with his buggy in tow.
Mercer County is a rural area in the westernmost region of Pennsylvania, home to many Old Order Amish communities. The victim, who was driving alone, suffered no injuries from the ambush. No word on how the horse is doing.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement