This post is in partnership with Fortune, which offers the latest business and finance news. Read the article below originally published at Fortune.com.
After Apple reported its quarterly earnings Tuesday, Slate’s Jordan Weissmann offered several eye-opening comparisons. Among them:
- If the iPhone were a company in its own right, it would be bigger than McDonald’s and Coca Cola combined.
- The iPad generated more revenue last quarter than Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Groupon, and Tesla combined.
- Apple’s sales from hardware accessories is larger than Chipotle’s revenue.
- Apple’s iTunes, software, and services businesses are bigger than eBay.
- While sales of the old iPod line may be shrinking, it’s still 77% larger than Twitter.