This post is in partnership with Fortune, which offers the latest business and finance news. Read the article below originally published at Fortune.com.
After Apple reported its quarterly earnings Tuesday, Slate’s Jordan Weissmann offered several eye-opening comparisons. Among them:
- If the iPhone were a company in its own right, it would be bigger than McDonald’s and Coca Cola combined.
- The iPad generated more revenue last quarter than Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Groupon, and Tesla combined.
- Apple’s sales from hardware accessories is larger than Chipotle’s revenue.
- Apple’s iTunes, software, and services businesses are bigger than eBay.
- While sales of the old iPod line may be shrinking, it’s still 77% larger than Twitter.
LINK: If Apple Products Were Their Own Companies, They’d Be as Big as …
Follow Philip Elmer-DeWitt on Twitter at@philiped. Read his Apple AAPL coverage at fortune.com/ped or subscribe via his RSS feed.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement