Jimmy Fallon was up to his usual antics on The Tonight Show Thursday, convincing his guest Morgan Freeman to suck air out of a helium balloon and make his famously stoic voice high and squeaky.
Freeman was on the show to promote his upcoming film Lucy, but the late night host brought up an episode of the actor’s Discovery Channel show Through The Wormhole where he had sucked helium out of a balloon.
The actor has a fascination with scientific questions, as evidenced by both projects. While Lucy asks what would happen if a human used 100% of their brain, Through The Wormhole explores space mysteries such as the possible existence of non-human lifeforms in the universe.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org