Jimmy Fallon was up to his usual antics on The Tonight Show Thursday, convincing his guest Morgan Freeman to suck air out of a helium balloon and make his famously stoic voice high and squeaky.
Freeman was on the show to promote his upcoming film Lucy, but the late night host brought up an episode of the actor’s Discovery Channel show Through The Wormhole where he had sucked helium out of a balloon.
The actor has a fascination with scientific questions, as evidenced by both projects. While Lucy asks what would happen if a human used 100% of their brain, Through The Wormhole explores space mysteries such as the possible existence of non-human lifeforms in the universe.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief