In addition to the 298 people aboard the Malaysian Airlines jet that crashed Thursday in eastern Ukraine, two dogs were also aboard the flight, according to the cargo manifest for the flight made public Friday.
The Kuala Lumpur-bound Flight MH17 crashed Thursday evening in a part of Ukraine controlled by pro-Russian separatists. The government of Ukraine alleges that insurgents shot down the Boeing 777, a charge the rebels have denied.
Five “live birds” and four pigeons also went down with the two dogs in the plane’s cargo bay.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space