Here are the stories TIME is watching this Monday, July 14.
Egypt’s proposed cease-fire fell through as Israel resumed attacks on Gaza, after Hamas reportedly rejected the plan.
A plane full of undocumented women and children were flown back to Honduras from the U.S., after being held in New Mexico detention centers. U.S. Homeland Security Officials say that this planeload will be the first of many.
During one of the worst droughts in its history, California considers emergency regulations that could see residents fined $500 for wasting water.
And finally, Derek Jeter plays in his last MLB All Star Game tonight — but he’s not letting that, or a touching Nike tribute video, get to him.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer