Here are the stories TIME is watching this Monday, July 14.
Egypt’s proposed cease-fire fell through as Israel resumed attacks on Gaza, after Hamas reportedly rejected the plan.
A plane full of undocumented women and children were flown back to Honduras from the U.S., after being held in New Mexico detention centers. U.S. Homeland Security Officials say that this planeload will be the first of many.
During one of the worst droughts in its history, California considers emergency regulations that could see residents fined $500 for wasting water.
And finally, Derek Jeter plays in his last MLB All Star Game tonight — but he’s not letting that, or a touching Nike tribute video, get to him.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Introducing the TIME100 Climate List
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time