Dead men appear to play a big role in Alix Tichelman’s life.
Tichelman, 26, was being held on $1.5 million bail by authorities in Santa Cruz County, California, on manslaughter, drug and prostitution charges in the death of Forrest Timothy Hayes, 51, a Google official who died of a heroin overdose on his 50-foot yacht in November.
Santa Cruz police told NBC News that Tichelman, who was arrested July 4, injected the heroin into Hayes and can be seen on the yacht’s own security video calmly collecting her drugs and her needles, closing a blind to conceal the body from view and leaving.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org