Dead men appear to play a big role in Alix Tichelman’s life.
Tichelman, 26, was being held on $1.5 million bail by authorities in Santa Cruz County, California, on manslaughter, drug and prostitution charges in the death of Forrest Timothy Hayes, 51, a Google official who died of a heroin overdose on his 50-foot yacht in November.
Santa Cruz police told NBC News that Tichelman, who was arrested July 4, injected the heroin into Hayes and can be seen on the yacht’s own security video calmly collecting her drugs and her needles, closing a blind to conceal the body from view and leaving.
Read the rest of the story from our partners at NBC News
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space