Showtime’s Masters of Sex, back on television July 13, has one of the most creative opening sequences on the small screen today, using imagery ranging from a train entering a tunnel to a volcano erupting; allusions to fornication abound without ever actually showing the act itself.
Take a look at other creative and memorable television intros from over the years.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.