Here are the stories TIME is watching this Thursday, July 10.
Israel ramps up airstrikes on Gaza. Palestinian authorities call the high civilian death count “state terrorism,” while Israel blames the casualties on Hamas for using hospitals and homes as military bases.
The polarizing Indonesian presidential election continues as both candidates claim victory with the results remaining unknown until July 22.
A study of Colorado’s legal marijuana market predicts the state will sell more than 130 tons of pot this year.
And finally, the world’s tallest water slide is crazy! Named “Verruckt” after the German word for “insane,” the 168-foot tall slide is taller than Niagara Falls.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization