Here are the stories TIME is watching this Thursday, July 10.
Israel ramps up airstrikes on Gaza. Palestinian authorities call the high civilian death count “state terrorism,” while Israel blames the casualties on Hamas for using hospitals and homes as military bases.
The polarizing Indonesian presidential election continues as both candidates claim victory with the results remaining unknown until July 22.
A study of Colorado’s legal marijuana market predicts the state will sell more than 130 tons of pot this year.
And finally, the world’s tallest water slide is crazy! Named “Verruckt” after the German word for “insane,” the 168-foot tall slide is taller than Niagara Falls.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org