Imogen is the most popular baby name for girls while Asher is the most popular name for boys in a list of the top 100 baby names released by baby names database Nameberry.com.
Nameberry co-founder Pamela Redmond Satran wrote in a blog post, “The 2014 popular baby names list is based on the number of views each name attracted on Nameberry, out of a total of more than 100 million page views, for the first half of the year.” New names on this list are from hit TV and movie franchises: Khaleesi from Game of Thrones (18) and Elsa from Frozen (88).
Here is the top 10 (full list here):
You can also see how baby names will rise and fall in popularity in the future using this TIME tool. For instance, it predicts Asher, the top boy name in this Nameberry list, “last peaked in 2013” and “will decline as a baby name every year from now through 2032.”
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate