The second trailer for David Fincher’s big screen adaptation of Gone Girl is here, and it’s promising a chilling cinematic take on Gillian Flynn’s bestselling novel.
Fans of the book, which follows the mysterious disappearance of Amy Dunne (played in the film by Rosamund Pike) and the husband (Ben Affleck) who looks as if he’s responsible for killing her, will be pleased to see bits of Amy’s journal featuring Pike’s hair-raising voice over — but there’s still plenty left to the imagination when it comes to the story’s infamous twist.
Fincher ups the creepiness with a first look at Neil Patrick Harris as Desi, Amy’s ex-boyfriend, who’s likely to play an integral role in the plot no matter how much the screenplay strays from the book.
20th Century FOX is keeping the spook factor at an all-time high with the film’s new posters, which reveal a slew of evidence on the case.
The movie hits theaters Oct. 3.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now