The second trailer for David Fincher’s big screen adaptation of Gone Girl is here, and it’s promising a chilling cinematic take on Gillian Flynn’s bestselling novel.
Fans of the book, which follows the mysterious disappearance of Amy Dunne (played in the film by Rosamund Pike) and the husband (Ben Affleck) who looks as if he’s responsible for killing her, will be pleased to see bits of Amy’s journal featuring Pike’s hair-raising voice over — but there’s still plenty left to the imagination when it comes to the story’s infamous twist.
Fincher ups the creepiness with a first look at Neil Patrick Harris as Desi, Amy’s ex-boyfriend, who’s likely to play an integral role in the plot no matter how much the screenplay strays from the book.
20th Century FOX is keeping the spook factor at an all-time high with the film’s new posters, which reveal a slew of evidence on the case.
The movie hits theaters Oct. 3.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time