Seven years after Amy Adams charmed Patrick Dempsey and audiences alike with her live-action princess routine, Enchanted is back for a second adventure, Deadline reports.
Disney has hired J. David Stem and David N. Weiss, who co-wrote Shrek 2 and The Smurfs, to pen the sequel, according to Deadline. Anne Fletcher (The Proposal and The Guilt Trip) will direct the movie.
There doesn’t seem to be any word yet on whether Adams, Dempsey, James Marsden, Idina Menzel, Susan Sarandon or any of the other original stars will return this time. But with Menzel’s surge in popularity from Frozen, you can bet Disney is hoping she’ll be involved.
While Disney has not released plot details, the first movie closed with a fairly straightforward “happily ever after,” so the sequel will likely have a totally new storyline. The long gap between the original movie and this one could allow for Robert’s (Dempsey) daughter to be Disney princess-aged, which might give the filmmakers a fun plot to follow.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time