Here are the stories TIME is watching this Wednesday, July 2.
Meteorologists expect Tropical Storm Arthur to become the first hurricane of the season. Right in time to ruin the Fourth of July.
Federal investigators found that T-Mobile has been illegally billing customers for bogus texting service charges.
The USA lost to Belgium in the World Cup, but American Goal Keeper Tim Howard won big on social media after saving a record 16 shots.
And finally, which President would you like to share a hot dog with? A new survey says most Americans want to invite Bill Clinton to their July 4 BBQ.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023