Here are the stories TIME is watching this Wednesday, July 2.
Meteorologists expect Tropical Storm Arthur to become the first hurricane of the season. Right in time to ruin the Fourth of July.
Federal investigators found that T-Mobile has been illegally billing customers for bogus texting service charges.
The USA lost to Belgium in the World Cup, but American Goal Keeper Tim Howard won big on social media after saving a record 16 shots.
And finally, which President would you like to share a hot dog with? A new survey says most Americans want to invite Bill Clinton to their July 4 BBQ.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org