Here are the stories TIME is watching this Wednesday, July 2.
Meteorologists expect Tropical Storm Arthur to become the first hurricane of the season. Right in time to ruin the Fourth of July.
Federal investigators found that T-Mobile has been illegally billing customers for bogus texting service charges.
The USA lost to Belgium in the World Cup, but American Goal Keeper Tim Howard won big on social media after saving a record 16 shots.
And finally, which President would you like to share a hot dog with? A new survey says most Americans want to invite Bill Clinton to their July 4 BBQ.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer