Actor Shia LaBeouf is voluntarily getting treatment for alcohol addiction after a string of public scenes, a spokesperson said Tuesday.
“He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery,” a representative said.
The Transformers star says he has not checked into rehab but is getting help at a “celebrity-frequented” addiction treatment center in Hollywood, the NY Daily News reports.
LaBeouf was arrested in New York Thursday after an apparently drunken disruptive outburst at a Broadway performance. A week earlier, he was filmed in an altercation with a man outside a Manhattan strip club.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart