Actor Shia LaBeouf is voluntarily getting treatment for alcohol addiction after a string of public scenes, a spokesperson said Tuesday.
“He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery,” a representative said.
The Transformers star says he has not checked into rehab but is getting help at a “celebrity-frequented” addiction treatment center in Hollywood, the NY Daily News reports.
LaBeouf was arrested in New York Thursday after an apparently drunken disruptive outburst at a Broadway performance. A week earlier, he was filmed in an altercation with a man outside a Manhattan strip club.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow