Actor Shia LaBeouf is voluntarily getting treatment for alcohol addiction after a string of public scenes, a spokesperson said Tuesday.
“He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery,” a representative said.
The Transformers star says he has not checked into rehab but is getting help at a “celebrity-frequented” addiction treatment center in Hollywood, the NY Daily News reports.
LaBeouf was arrested in New York Thursday after an apparently drunken disruptive outburst at a Broadway performance. A week earlier, he was filmed in an altercation with a man outside a Manhattan strip club.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com