Here are the stories TIME is watching this Tuesday, July 1.
After blaming the death of three missing teens on Hamas, Israel launches a series of airstrikes over the Gaza Strip.
Iraq’s newly formed parliament fails to appoint a new Prime Minister before a July 1 deadline passed, after Kurdish and Sunni lawmakers walked out.
The NYPD is cracking down on subway acrobats. Train car performer arrests are up 600% from this time last year.
And finally, one old wrinkly white guy rips some other old wrinkly white guys. In promotion of Monty Python’s new shows, Mick Jagger wonders why anyone would care about elderly entertainers.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org