Here are the stories TIME is watching this Tuesday, July 1.
After blaming the death of three missing teens on Hamas, Israel launches a series of airstrikes over the Gaza Strip.
Iraq’s newly formed parliament fails to appoint a new Prime Minister before a July 1 deadline passed, after Kurdish and Sunni lawmakers walked out.
The NYPD is cracking down on subway acrobats. Train car performer arrests are up 600% from this time last year.
And finally, one old wrinkly white guy rips some other old wrinkly white guys. In promotion of Monty Python’s new shows, Mick Jagger wonders why anyone would care about elderly entertainers.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror