Here are the stories TIME is watching this Tuesday, July 1.
After blaming the death of three missing teens on Hamas, Israel launches a series of airstrikes over the Gaza Strip.
Iraq’s newly formed parliament fails to appoint a new Prime Minister before a July 1 deadline passed, after Kurdish and Sunni lawmakers walked out.
The NYPD is cracking down on subway acrobats. Train car performer arrests are up 600% from this time last year.
And finally, one old wrinkly white guy rips some other old wrinkly white guys. In promotion of Monty Python’s new shows, Mick Jagger wonders why anyone would care about elderly entertainers.
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now