A Kansas woman found herself in a precarious situation Friday after she set her duplex on fire to kill a spider.
Five firetrucks later, the police proved to be less than sympathetic with the plight of the single lady as she struggled to deal with the arachnid. According to the Hutchinson News, 34-year-old Ginny M. Griffith’s Macgyvered form of pest control (lighting towels on fire throughout her house) was rewarded with an arrest and aggravated arson charges. She is being held on a $7,500 bond.
No one, including the other people who occupied the other half of the duplex, was injured, and the fire was extinguished in minutes without causing structural damage.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com