Netflix prison drama Orange Is the New Black is one of the most buzzed-about television shows, and it’s a show that has also earned plenty of praise for its refreshingly varied depictions of sexuality and gender identity. So it’s only right, then, that its stars (and Instagram BFFs) took part in New York City’s pride parade on Sunday.
Cast members, including Yael Stone (Lorna Morello), Samira Wiley (Poussey Washington), Dascha Polanco (Dayanara Diaz), Danielle Brooks (Taystee) and Matt McGorry (Officer Bennett) rode in New York City’s pride parade Sunday on an Orange-themed float.
Co-star and TIME cover star Laverne Cox was also on hand for the celebration, but she had her own VIP car elsewhere in the parade — after all, she is one of the event’s grand marshals.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms