Jason Bateman will do double-duty as star and director of an upcoming “FBI wedding comedy” for Universal Pictures. The studio has yet to release a timeline or title for the movie, Variety reports.
This marks Bateman’s third trip to the director’s chair. He is currently in pre-production for The Family Fang, and he made his directorial debut with Bad Words in 2013.
Universal bought the rights to the project from Warner Bros back in 2011. At the time, Steve Carell was expected to star.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now