Jason Bateman will do double-duty as star and director of an upcoming “FBI wedding comedy” for Universal Pictures. The studio has yet to release a timeline or title for the movie, Variety reports.
This marks Bateman’s third trip to the director’s chair. He is currently in pre-production for The Family Fang, and he made his directorial debut with Bad Words in 2013.
Universal bought the rights to the project from Warner Bros back in 2011. At the time, Steve Carell was expected to star.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving