Updated: June 27, 7:44 a.m. ET
Transformers star Shia LaBeouf was escorted out of a Broadway show and detained by New York City police following allegedly disruptive behavior during a performance of Cabaret on Thursday night, according to reports.
“He has been detained. He is expected to be charged but nothing has been filed yet,” an NYPD spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter. CNN reports that police said the actor had been drunk, disruptive to theatergoers at Studio 54 and lit a cigarette before being detained and led away in handcuffs. Police Spokesman Brian Sessa said LaBeouf was later charged with criminal trespass and disorderly conduct.
Broadway songwriter Benj Pasek tweeted that he saw the actor led away in tears.
No one from LaBeouf’s camp has yet commented on the incident.
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror