Just in case you were missing Miley Cyrus’ constant presence on your television and your Facebook feed, you will soon be able to tune into the Miley documentary. NBC announced Thursday that it will air a two-hour Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour special on July 6 at 9 p.m. E.T.
The documentary follows the 21-year-old pop sensation behind the scenes on her Bangerz tour, which began in April after Cyrus delayed multiple performances because she was sick. The show will include live performance footage from her upcoming concerts in Spain and Portugal. The network promised to “examine what makes [Cyrus] such a global phenomenon.”
The announcement comes of the heels of reports that HBO will air a miniseries featuring performances from Beyoncé on her Mrs. Carter world tour. Both NBC and HBO seem to be banking on the popularity of their respective performers to bump ratings in the slow summer months.
But unlike premium cable channel HBO, broadcast channel NBC may have to edit its footage carefully: Cyrus rode a giant inflatable penis during her recent concert in London.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.