Just in case you were missing Miley Cyrus’ constant presence on your television and your Facebook feed, you will soon be able to tune into the Miley documentary. NBC announced Thursday that it will air a two-hour Miley Cyrus: Bangerz Tour special on July 6 at 9 p.m. E.T.
The documentary follows the 21-year-old pop sensation behind the scenes on her Bangerz tour, which began in April after Cyrus delayed multiple performances because she was sick. The show will include live performance footage from her upcoming concerts in Spain and Portugal. The network promised to “examine what makes [Cyrus] such a global phenomenon.”
The announcement comes of the heels of reports that HBO will air a miniseries featuring performances from Beyoncé on her Mrs. Carter world tour. Both NBC and HBO seem to be banking on the popularity of their respective performers to bump ratings in the slow summer months.
But unlike premium cable channel HBO, broadcast channel NBC may have to edit its footage carefully: Cyrus rode a giant inflatable penis during her recent concert in London.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was