The Clintons are coming back to New York–in song. Clinton: The Musical will play at the Pershing Square Signature Center in New York City from July 18-25 following its year-long run in London.
“Clinton follows two Bill Clintons [‘W.J. Clinton’ and ‘Billy’] and Hillary on their quest to save their presidency, change America and prove that ‘politics is show business for ugly people,'” the show’s description reads. Colorful 1990s characters like Monica Lewinsky, Newt Gingrich and Kenneth Starr also make appearances.
Here are 7 songs we think should be in Clinton: The Musical’s New York debut:
Fool on the Hill(ary)
It couldn’t have been easy stomaching Bill’s repeated chorus of, “I did not have sexual relations with that woman.” In this song, the musical’s Hillary would lament all of the signs she missed that Bill was playing her for the fool.
Stand by Me
Bill had a lot of ‘splainin to do back in 1998. In the musical version, after Ken Starr’s report reveals some rather explicit details about the President’s relationship with Monica Lewinsky, Bill would beg Hillary, “Stand by me.”
We Can Do It
In this musical number taken from The Producers, Hillary tells Bill she has decided to become the second Clinton to run for the White House. The Clintons’ chorus of “We Can Do It” is rudely interrupted by an Obama conga line of “Yes, We Can!”
Big Girls Don’t Cry
Hillary might have lost out on the nomination in 2008, but she kept her poker face and went on to become Secretary of State. Nobody puts Hillary in a corner.
Started from the (Foggy) Bottom
Hillary channels her inner Drake as she takes on the job of Secretary of State and confronts new foreign policy problems.
It’s the Hard-Knock (Choices)
As Hillary sings this ballad reminiscent of Annie, a stenographer in the backdrop furiously records the words for her biography Hard Choices.
(20)16 Goin’ on 17
The Sound of Music-inspired anthem will chronicle Hillary’s adventures and misadventures on the campaign trail as she tries to make it to the White House (again).
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer