The artist formerly known as the Artist Formerly Known as Prince is either the most sincere person in America or looking to troll us all: just a few months after guest-starring on New Girl, Prince revealed he wrote a song about an Internet meme.
Specifically, Prince has a song on his upcoming record called “This Could Be Us.” He told Jon Bream of the Star Tribune that the track was inspired by a picture of him and Apollonia Kotero from movie Purple Rain that got the meme treatment after the hashtag #ThisCouldBeUsButYouPlayin, which is typically paired with awkward photos of couples, took off on social media.
The “joyful ballad” will be on Prince’s first new album since 2009, but fans should really get excited about his next album, undoubtedly destined to feature the songs “#TrueDetectiveSeason2” and “#WorldsMostTalkedAboutCouple.”
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk