The artist formerly known as the Artist Formerly Known as Prince is either the most sincere person in America or looking to troll us all: just a few months after guest-starring on New Girl, Prince revealed he wrote a song about an Internet meme.
Specifically, Prince has a song on his upcoming record called “This Could Be Us.” He told Jon Bream of the Star Tribune that the track was inspired by a picture of him and Apollonia Kotero from movie Purple Rain that got the meme treatment after the hashtag #ThisCouldBeUsButYouPlayin, which is typically paired with awkward photos of couples, took off on social media.
The “joyful ballad” will be on Prince’s first new album since 2009, but fans should really get excited about his next album, undoubtedly destined to feature the songs “#TrueDetectiveSeason2” and “#WorldsMostTalkedAboutCouple.”
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time