The artist formerly known as the Artist Formerly Known as Prince is either the most sincere person in America or looking to troll us all: just a few months after guest-starring on New Girl, Prince revealed he wrote a song about an Internet meme.
Specifically, Prince has a song on his upcoming record called “This Could Be Us.” He told Jon Bream of the Star Tribune that the track was inspired by a picture of him and Apollonia Kotero from movie Purple Rain that got the meme treatment after the hashtag #ThisCouldBeUsButYouPlayin, which is typically paired with awkward photos of couples, took off on social media.
The “joyful ballad” will be on Prince’s first new album since 2009, but fans should really get excited about his next album, undoubtedly destined to feature the songs “#TrueDetectiveSeason2” and “#WorldsMostTalkedAboutCouple.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer