U.S. soccer star Landon Donovan didn’t make the World Cup team, but Samsung didn’t seem get the memo and wished him luck anyway in an embarrassing social media flub.
“Best of luck to Landon Donovan & the USA team,” tweeted SamsungMobileArabia, the electronics company’s account based in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. Samsung’s #GALAXY11 campaign featuring Donovan and other international soccer stars in space-suit-like outfits first appeared in 2013.
Instead of going to Brazil as part of the 23-man team, Donovan has been spending his summer working as an analyst for ESPN. His exclusion from the roster, however, has been a source of controversy.
It could have been worse, though: At least there wasn’t a photo of a giraffe involved.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up