The World cup is a massive operation. It takes billions of dollars to pull off, years of planning, and thousands of workers for huge construction operations. Not to mention the total cost for security and safety. In this year’s World Cup, it’s estimated that Brazil has spent over 855 Million for security and safety during the games. Here are some of the mind-blowing World Cup Figures.
1. Teams Participating: 32
2. Total Number of Israeli Drones Monitoring the Games: 4
3. Total Number of Matches: 64
4. Number of Tickets Sold: 1.6 Million
For more interesting World Cup facts, check out the video above.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body