What really went on behind the scene of NBC’s popular sitcom Saved by the Bell was much more dramatic than what was onscreen.
That’s according to The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story, which will premiere as a Lifetime television movie on Sept. 1. The film will be based on hours of new interviews conducted with the cast and crew of the TV show. The story promises to be juicy if it’s anything like the tell-all book Dustin Diamond (Screech in the original cast) wrote in 2009. In the book, Diamond claimed that cast members hooked up, had threesomes and did drugs.
The original Saved by the Bell casting director choose the actors for this new Lifetime version, and, in our opinion, did a pretty good job of finding lookalikes. Here’s what the original cast looked like:
And here’s the cast of the Lifetime movie, as first revealed by BuzzFeed and confirmed by TIME.
Taylor Russell as Lark Voorhies (Lisa Turtle)
Dylan Everett as Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Zack Morris)
Alyssa Lynch as Tiffani-Amber Thiessen (Kelly Kapowski)
Julian Works as Mario Lopez (A.C. Slater)
Tiera Skovbye as Elizabeth Berkeley (Jessie Spano)
Sam Kindseth as Dustin Diamond (Screech)
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears