What really went on behind the scene of NBC’s popular sitcom Saved by the Bell was much more dramatic than what was onscreen.
That’s according to The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story, which will premiere as a Lifetime television movie on Sept. 1. The film will be based on hours of new interviews conducted with the cast and crew of the TV show. The story promises to be juicy if it’s anything like the tell-all book Dustin Diamond (Screech in the original cast) wrote in 2009. In the book, Diamond claimed that cast members hooked up, had threesomes and did drugs.
The original Saved by the Bell casting director choose the actors for this new Lifetime version, and, in our opinion, did a pretty good job of finding lookalikes. Here’s what the original cast looked like:
And here’s the cast of the Lifetime movie, as first revealed by BuzzFeed and confirmed by TIME.
Taylor Russell as Lark Voorhies (Lisa Turtle)
Dylan Everett as Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Zack Morris)
Alyssa Lynch as Tiffani-Amber Thiessen (Kelly Kapowski)
Julian Works as Mario Lopez (A.C. Slater)
Tiera Skovbye as Elizabeth Berkeley (Jessie Spano)
Sam Kindseth as Dustin Diamond (Screech)
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Eliana Dockterman at email@example.com