Valve’s Steam video game summer sale just went live at 1:00pm ET. This is Valve’s annual summer discount run that reaches across its substantial catalog of PC, Mac and Linux games, running from June 19 through Monday, June 30.
Today’s deals are already pretty big, like Firaxis’ superlative X-COM reboot, XCOM: Enemy Unknown for $8.49 (marked down a whopping 83%), CD Projekt’s roleplaying opus The Witcher 2 for $3.99 (down 80%), Ubisoft’s Far Cry 3 for $7.49 (down 75%) and the standalone expansion to Ironclad’s phenomenally well-crafted real-time strategy game, Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion, is $8.99 (down 80%).
Drop down the page and you’ll spy Valve’s “Flash” sales, running at shorter intervals, currently including the best first-person parkour (FPP!) game ever made, Mirror’s Edge, $4.99 (marked down 75%). Swing even lower and you’ll find Valve’s vote-a-thon section, whereby logged-in Steam members can pick which games they’d like to see go on sale next. And if you’d rather not dawdle waiting for the game you want to buy to go cha-ching, Valve lets you add it to a personal wish list, then notifies you when it’s available at a discount — a feature Valve notes you can use after the sale, too.
The clock’s ticking, counting down to the next round of deals, which arrive 24 hours from today’s 1:00pm ET kickoff.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction