Han Solo will be laying low for a while: Harrison Ford suffered a broken left leg while filming the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII, his publicist confirmed on Thursday. Previous reports suggested that the 71-year-old actor had suffered a bad ankle injury.
“Harrison Ford’s left leg was broken in an accident. His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly. He’s doing well and looks forward to returning to work,” said a statement from publicist Ina Treciokas.
Treciokas did not confirm or deny rumors that the injury occurred on the movie set’s Millennium Falcon—Solo’s beloved smuggling spacecraft, in the movies—stating that “there isn’t any additional information at this time.”
The J.J. Abrams-directed movie is slated to hit theaters on Dec. 18, 2015.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate