Han Solo will be laying low for a while: Harrison Ford suffered a broken left leg while filming the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII, his publicist confirmed on Thursday. Previous reports suggested that the 71-year-old actor had suffered a bad ankle injury.
“Harrison Ford’s left leg was broken in an accident. His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly. He’s doing well and looks forward to returning to work,” said a statement from publicist Ina Treciokas.
Treciokas did not confirm or deny rumors that the injury occurred on the movie set’s Millennium Falcon—Solo’s beloved smuggling spacecraft, in the movies—stating that “there isn’t any additional information at this time.”
The J.J. Abrams-directed movie is slated to hit theaters on Dec. 18, 2015.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating