Han Solo will be laying low for a while: Harrison Ford suffered a broken left leg while filming the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII, his publicist confirmed on Thursday. Previous reports suggested that the 71-year-old actor had suffered a bad ankle injury.
“Harrison Ford’s left leg was broken in an accident. His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly. He’s doing well and looks forward to returning to work,” said a statement from publicist Ina Treciokas.
Treciokas did not confirm or deny rumors that the injury occurred on the movie set’s Millennium Falcon—Solo’s beloved smuggling spacecraft, in the movies—stating that “there isn’t any additional information at this time.”
The J.J. Abrams-directed movie is slated to hit theaters on Dec. 18, 2015.
- Introducing the TIME100 Climate List
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time