California police arrested 64-year-old Robert Short Saturday for allegedly cooking methamphetamine in his retirement community apartment.
After police pulled Short over for a routine traffic stop Saturday, a search of his car turned up four ounces of crystal meth, as well as plastic bags and an electronic scale. Police discovered another half-pound of the drug at Short’s apartment in the California League-Fresno Village, along with heroin and meth lab materials.
Short now faces drug production and distribution charges.
“Just shocking someone that age would do that, but actually a perfect place to do it, right?” Fresno Police Lt. Joe Gomez told a local ABC affiliate. “Retirement village, who would suspect it going on there?”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time