Sorry, boyfriends of the world: one in five girlfriends is more turned on by her shoes than by your sex moves. Husbands fare slightly better– only one in six of their wives prefer footwear to sex.
She’s not just choosing her shoes over you; she might also be lying about it. Half of the women surveyed in this slightly scientific poll from Shoebuy.com (a company that, shockingly, sells shoes) said they’ve lied to their significant other about how much their shoes cost.
And one in four women also said they would never take off their heels no matter how much they hurt, not even if they were walking a long way to a party or had to be dancing for a long time. More bad news for boyfriends of the world, because we all know how those nights end: piggy-back rides.
The survey also found that 50% of women admitted to judging others based on their shoe choices, and of those, half said the judgment wasn’t good. So does a love of shoes make women catty? Or does it just make them Carrie Bradshaw?
Perhaps we all have a little Carrie in us, after all:
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time