Authorities said officers pulled over Keithian Roberts and Christopher Mitchell after noticing Mitchell sitting in the front passenger seat without a seatbelt, according to police documents posted by The Smoking Gun. When questioned, Mitchell said he was too large to fasten the seatbelt, but both passengers “appeared nervous,” police. After a drug-detection dog smelled drugs in the car, police found cocaine, a handgun, $7,000 hidden in a tube sock, and 23 grams of marijuana stuffed under Mitchell’s belly fat.
Mitchell weighed 265 lbs. when he was in jail a decade ago for cocaine possession, and goes by the nicknames “Biggie” and “Fat Boy.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time