The Republican National Committee believes another Clinton in the White House would be “nuts.” To illustrate that point, they’ve brought in an expert, in the form of a staffer dressed in a squirrel costume—complete with its own Twitter account.
The “HRC Squirrel” began tweeting Thursday, but it made its maiden appearance Friday afternoon at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. where Hillary Clinton was delivering a speech on her book tour.
“After $50 million in free media for Hillary’s presidential campaign kickoff, someone needed to show Americans why it’s nuts to have another Clinton in the White House,” said RNC Press Secretary Kirsten Kukowski. “Hillary may think she was broke after she left the White House, that Americans don’t want answers on Benghazi and that the five Taliban detainees we released won’t harm our country, but Americans know that’s nuts too.”
“Find me where the nuts are,” the squirrel’s bio states. “Right now that’s the fiction aisle with anyone who believes @HillaryClinton’s spin!”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com