Middle Earth as described in The Lord of the Rings is vast and rich in history and lore. It only makes sense that there are stories left untold.
Monolith delves into Tolkien’s world to bring its new game, Shadow of Mordor, to life, telling the story of Talion, a ranger with wraith-like abilities whose family is killed by Sauron’s army.
In order to get the depth and feel of Middle Earth, Shadow of Mordor introduces the “Nemesis System,” which allows players to shape their own story. Every minion, Orc, and Uruk-hai players fight is named, and if they survive the encounter they will change, grow, and appear later in the story.
As you get better, so do your enemies, and the story takes another turn.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time