This is no Banksy. A 61-year-old man in Kingscliff, Australia, spray painted “DUMB COPS” and “KINGY BOYZ RULE” on a police station—while the police were still inside. When the cops ran after him, he tried to escape on a “toy scooter,” according to the Gold Coast Bulletin.
The elderly man even put up a fight, giving one officer a shoulder injury that will put him out of work for a week. “The reasons why he went to these lengths… are quite irrational, particularly with police being in the building at the time,” said detective Brendon Cullen.
This was no innocent man, either—he knew exactly what he was doing. Before spraying the facade of the building, he spray painted over all of the security cameras so no one would catch him in the act.
Perhaps you were thinking that punk might be dead? Clearly, it is not.
- The Case for Mediocrity
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- Meet the 2023 TIME100 Next: the Emerging Leaders Shaping the World
- Oprah and Arthur C. Brooks: How to Separate Work From Your Identity
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- You Don’t Have to Like Wrestling to Love Netflix’s Excellent Wrestlers
- The Most Anticipated Books, Movies, TV, and Music of Fall 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time