This is no Banksy. A 61-year-old man in Kingscliff, Australia, spray painted “DUMB COPS” and “KINGY BOYZ RULE” on a police station—while the police were still inside. When the cops ran after him, he tried to escape on a “toy scooter,” according to the Gold Coast Bulletin.
The elderly man even put up a fight, giving one officer a shoulder injury that will put him out of work for a week. “The reasons why he went to these lengths… are quite irrational, particularly with police being in the building at the time,” said detective Brendon Cullen.
This was no innocent man, either—he knew exactly what he was doing. Before spraying the facade of the building, he spray painted over all of the security cameras so no one would catch him in the act.
Perhaps you were thinking that punk might be dead? Clearly, it is not.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was