What’s wrong with this picture?
On Saturday, Thought Catalog published a “feminist” essay called 5 Things Women Need to Do in Their 20’s (Or Else the Suffragists Died For Nothing) that wasn’t written by a feminist at all. In fact, it was reportedly written by a poster on the Bodybuilding.com forum as a total joke. Using the pen name Anne Gus, the user described himself (herself?) thusly: “I’m a feminist. I’m a woman. I’m strong. I’m in my twenties. I’m beautiful. I deserve love. Give me it.”
If that didn’t tip Thought Catalog editors off to the fact that the post was satire, maybe some of the included suggestions should have. The highlights:
From suggestion #2, Party:
From suggestion #3, Major in women’s studies:
Susan B. Anthony would be proud.
AryanofValhalla, the gym bro responsible, came clean on the Bodybuilding forum:
Anne Gus has gone on to write “Sorry Dudes: Here’s 5 Reasons That Girl You LIke Doesn’t Want Anything To Do With You.” If you’ve ever wondered whether Thought Catalog will publish literally anything, now you have your answer.
(We’ve reached out to Thought Catalog and will update if we hear back.)
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears