Paralympic snowboarder Amy Purdy lost both legs below the knee when she was 19, but that didn’t stop her from snowboarding — or even dancing on national TV.
In between the Sochi 2014 Paralympic events, Purdy practiced in hotel lobbies with partner Derek Hough to prepare for Dancing with the Stars.
The result? A stunning performance that received a standing ovation from the audience and a score of 24/30 from the judges.
“For somebody to take the chance and be courageous enough to do a show like this, it’s just really inspiring to me,” Hough wrote on his blog. “I could tell without even meeting her that she didn’t see herself as disabled.”
Watch the awe-inspiring performance up top.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time