House Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s shocking primary loss Tuesday may have sent shivers up the spine of the Republican establishment, but it was met with glee in Tea Party circles.
Chip Roy, Texas RepublicanSen. Ted Cruz’s chief of staff, adopted his boss’ signature “Make DC Listen” line in a Twitter after the race was called for Dave Brat.
Cruz and Cantor maintained a contentious relationship after the conservative senator orchestrated a strategy that pushed the government to shut down last year.
Separately, Tea Party groups and candidates across the country rushed to hold up the victory as a sign that their movement is resurgent despite coordinated attacks from the establishment.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com