Excerpts from my interview with Oliver Burkeman, author of The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can’t Stand Positive Thinking.
What The Ancient Stoics Can Teach You About Happiness
Why Thinking Positive Fails
How To Set Goals That Work
Related Books Oliver Recommends
Another Immediately Useful Happiness Technique
Join 45K+ readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
The top FBI hostage negotiator teaches you the 5 secrets to getting what you want
UCLA Film School professor Howard Suber explains how you can be a better storyteller
Persuasion expert Robert Cialdini explains the best ways to influence people
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction