A brush fire turned wildfire cut an Oregon wedding ceremony short Saturday afternoon, but not before the Aloha pair got to say “I do.”
A fire truck rolled up to Rock Spring Ranch near Bend, and guests of Michael Wolber and April Hartley were told to evacuate. The minister conducted an abbreviated ceremony before the wedding party was moved to Drake Park in Bend.
Wedding photographer Josh Newton posted the above photo on Facebook Sunday, and since then, it has racked up more than 88,000 likes and 8,400 shares.
Actually, it was like a TV show. In the season 5 finale of Modern Family, which aired last month, the same-sex wedding between Mitchell (Jesse Tyler Ferguson) and Cam (Eric Stonestreet) had to be relocated before the ceremony even began because a wildfire got too close — not to mention the minister’s water broke.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Olivia B. Waxman at email@example.com