On Monday evening, Sony announced that a beta version of the long-awaited Bungie title Destiny will become available July 17. Additionally, beginning Thursday June 12 Playstation 4 owners will able to play an alpha version of the game through the weekend. “Destiny isn’t just first on PS4, it’s better,” said Andrew House, president and group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, shortly after taking stage at the annual E3 expo.
Destiny is the Bungie’s shared-world action game set in a “mythic science fiction” universe. The title is being published by Activision as part of a ten-year publishing deal with the studio best-known for creating the Halo franchise. The game will be released on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One on September 9.
Players can go to greatnessawaits.com/destiny to sign up for the first look.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate