On Monday evening, Sony announced that a beta version of the long-awaited Bungie title Destiny will become available July 17. Additionally, beginning Thursday June 12 Playstation 4 owners will able to play an alpha version of the game through the weekend. “Destiny isn’t just first on PS4, it’s better,” said Andrew House, president and group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment, shortly after taking stage at the annual E3 expo.
Destiny is the Bungie’s shared-world action game set in a “mythic science fiction” universe. The title is being published by Activision as part of a ten-year publishing deal with the studio best-known for creating the Halo franchise. The game will be released on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One on September 9.
Players can go to greatnessawaits.com/destiny to sign up for the first look.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time