Here are the stories TIME is watching this Monday, June 9.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for a deadly attack on Pakistan’s Karachi International Airport that left 29 dead, making a grave statement about their formidable terror capabilities.
2 police officers and 1 civilian are dead after a couple opened fire at a Walmart in Las Vegas, before apparently killing themselves. Witnesses heard them shouting “This is the start of a Revolution.”
Comedian Tracy Morgan remains in critical condition after a Walmart truck hit Morgan’s vehicle from behind early Saturday morning.
And finally, the Seattle Symphony likes big butts and it cannot lie. The classical music ensemble paired up with Sir-Mix-A-Lot to deliver a symphonic version of his racy 1992 hit “Baby Got Back.”
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time