Here are the stories TIME is watching this Monday, June 9.
The Taliban claimed responsibility for a deadly attack on Pakistan’s Karachi International Airport that left 29 dead, making a grave statement about their formidable terror capabilities.
2 police officers and 1 civilian are dead after a couple opened fire at a Walmart in Las Vegas, before apparently killing themselves. Witnesses heard them shouting “This is the start of a Revolution.”
Comedian Tracy Morgan remains in critical condition after a Walmart truck hit Morgan’s vehicle from behind early Saturday morning.
And finally, the Seattle Symphony likes big butts and it cannot lie. The classical music ensemble paired up with Sir-Mix-A-Lot to deliver a symphonic version of his racy 1992 hit “Baby Got Back.”
The Brief is published daily on weekdays.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World