The Fault in Our Stars, a love story of two teens battling cancer, is on pace to take the top spot at the box office this weekend, raking in $8.2 million on Thursday and an expected $20-23 million on Friday.
The film, which earlier this week broke pre-sales records for a romantic drama, could make over $40 million in ticket sales this weekend and has a strong shot at edging out its main competitor, Edge of Tomorrow, according to Deadline.
The Fault in Our Stars is based on a best-selling novel by John Green, who probably contributed to the box office earnings when he quietly watched the film at an Indianapolis theater.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up