‘IN PRISON, AFTER ALL, A FEW SQUARE FEET BECOMES A WORLD.’
THE TONY AWARDS GET US SINGING
While making his sophomore solo effort, Lazaretto, due June 10, Jack White drew lyrical inspiration from the one-act plays and poetry he wrote at age 19, pushing his eclectic blues-rock into new genre-defying territory.
We All Scream
Susan Jane Gilman’s novel The Ice Cream Queen of Orchard Street, out June 10, follows a Russian immigrant who becomes the dessert industry’s most brutal mogul.
ABC Family’s splashy prime-time soap Pretty Little Liars returns on June 10 for another high-gloss season of secrets, betrayal and drama.
Beloved Swedish duo First Aid Kit grow up on their new album, Stay Gold, a bright collection of smart, polished folk-pop songs out June 10.
This appears in the June 16, 2014 issue of TIME.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up