Strapping a GoPro camera to yourself can be a great way to document a scenic bike ride. Turns out it can also be a great way to document yourself getting robbed at gunpoint in the middle of said scenic bike ride.
Mountain biker Malcolm Fox was riding through South Africa’s Western Cape when an armed robber and two accomplices accosted him and then robbed him of his belongings, The Citizen reports. They took everything except the GoPro he had mounted to his helmet, as they didn’t seem to know what it was.
Police spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Andrè Traut said all three suspects were found — with the help of the video — and charged with robbery. Police recovered Fox’s cell phone, but have yet to recover the bike.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve