Strapping a GoPro camera to yourself can be a great way to document a scenic bike ride. Turns out it can also be a great way to document yourself getting robbed at gunpoint in the middle of said scenic bike ride.
Mountain biker Malcolm Fox was riding through South Africa’s Western Cape when an armed robber and two accomplices accosted him and then robbed him of his belongings, The Citizen reports. They took everything except the GoPro he had mounted to his helmet, as they didn’t seem to know what it was.
Police spokesperson Lieutenant Colonel Andrè Traut said all three suspects were found — with the help of the video — and charged with robbery. Police recovered Fox’s cell phone, but have yet to recover the bike.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement