40% of what a team does ends up as “process loss.” It’s overhead that wouldn’t exist if everything could be done by one person. Wasted effort.
Obviously, many projects require teams. But how can you create, manage or be part of a team that is more efficient?
Here are 4 things that can make a big difference in how effective your team is.
1) The Formula For A Great Team: The 60/30/10 Rule
2) Sometimes Teams Are A Very Bad Idea
3) The Best Teams Are Managed… Occasionally
4) Great Teams Need People Who Aren’t Team Players
More from Po on how you can improve your team here.
Join 45K+ readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up