The Colbert Report
Get More: Daily Show Full Episodes,Indecision Political Humor,The Colbert Report on Facebook
Good news for Colbert Nation: People who watched The Colbert Report during the last presidential election are more informed about campaign financing than people who watched other news channels, according to a study by the Annenberg Public Policy Center at the University of Pennsylvania. That’s because he made the issue a regular joke on the show and created a Super PAC, a real-life example of how it works, the researchers argue.
The Colbert Report was compared to MSNBC, FOX News, CNN, and nightly network news shows, and the data is based on a phone survey of 1,232 adults 18 or older interviewed Dec. 13-23, 2012.
The study was published online in Mass Communication and Society.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement