If you look for Bitcoin apps in the App Store right now, you’ll notice most of them are tickers that monitor Bitcoin’s exchange rate. But if you use Bitcoin yourself and want to move some of that money around, there aren’t any apps that’ll let you do that just yet.
That may all change soon, provided that transmitting virtual currencies is allowed in your neck of the woods.
Apple’s new guideline reads as follows:
TechCrunch co-editor Matthew Panzarino posits that Apple will probably take a cautious approach with such apps:
And note that Apple doesn’t explicitly mention Bitcoin by name — just “virtual currencies,” though Bitcoin is currently the highest-profile of the virtual currencies out there.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time