Marriott International is making a serious push to appeal to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender customers, with its latest marketing social media campaign called #LoveTravels.
The hotel and resort company said Monday that it would strive “to make everyone feel comfortable being who they are, everywhere they travel.”
The campaign rollout coincides with the start of Pride Week in cities across the U.S., as well as a presidential proclamation issued May 30 by Barack Obama, which declared June 2014 to be “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month.”
#LoveTravels “truly represents our company’s philosophy and values,” company representative Kristen Friend said in a statement.
On the campaign’s website, you can see photographs of unknown same-sex couples, as well as well-known figures like openly gay NBA player Jason Collins and model and activist Geena Rocero, captured by celebrity photographer Branden Summers.
Marriott is one of many hotel and resort chains focusing resources on making their establishments inclusive and accepting environments for LGBT families, couples and the greater community.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time