Marriott International is making a serious push to appeal to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender customers, with its latest marketing social media campaign called #LoveTravels.
The hotel and resort company said Monday that it would strive “to make everyone feel comfortable being who they are, everywhere they travel.”
The campaign rollout coincides with the start of Pride Week in cities across the U.S., as well as a presidential proclamation issued May 30 by Barack Obama, which declared June 2014 to be “Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Pride Month.”
#LoveTravels “truly represents our company’s philosophy and values,” company representative Kristen Friend said in a statement.
On the campaign’s website, you can see photographs of unknown same-sex couples, as well as well-known figures like openly gay NBA player Jason Collins and model and activist Geena Rocero, captured by celebrity photographer Branden Summers.
Marriott is one of many hotel and resort chains focusing resources on making their establishments inclusive and accepting environments for LGBT families, couples and the greater community.
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Clandestine Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- The Biggest Snubs and Surprises of the 2023 Oscar Nominations
- Talking Less Will Get You More
- Kamala Harris Subtly Emerges as Powerful White House Asset
- How Avatar: The Way of Water Became the 6th Movie in History to Make $2 Billion
- Is There Really No Safe Amount of Drinking?
- How Our Cells Strategize To Keep Us Alive